Wednesday, March 30, 2011

The Evolution of Writing

This article uses the word "cognative" over and over and over again. And in reading it I felt like a less cognative human being. Confession: I was confused. Although I felt better when the author wrote, "For what it's worth, a cognitive scientist reading this would be as equally perplexed as a rhetorician might." Since I am neither, I guess that gives me full permission to be "perplexed."
 hat I took from this article is that writing,and the rhetoric displayed through it, is important and memorable. In having online outlets to write and share, we are continuoulsy able to retain information by words associated with images and even the placement of the writing.
The article also talks a lot about "constants" in writing and rhetoric. Through technology, that constant is certainly changing.

No comments:

Post a Comment