Wednesday, April 6, 2011

Alice In Wikiland

I enjoyed the fact that this author was much more personal in her writing. The fact that she used Alice as a comparison to the new student was fantastic. It was easy to view this confused new student because people have a reference to Alice. This made the entire paper more understandable.
As I read on I was interested in her ideas of the concepts she was writing about. The audience section gave a good definition of the audience, one that I had not previously thought of before. The author wrote, "Audience, defined in its broadest terms, is the body of readers who will interpret a text (for a wiki is a text-driven community). This body of readers can be imaginary or real, explicit or implicit." The most eye-opening part of that, for me, was the "imaginary or real." I have never thought of an "imaginary" audience. Yet, for those writing on the internet, how many people imagine who might be reading their blog? Probably quite a few.

No comments:

Post a Comment