Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Digital Autobiography

I first learned to use the computer in elementary school. I attended school at one of the better public schools in the Alpine  School Distric in Orem, Utah. The school had an incredible computer lab, with close to 50 Apple computers, where we were required to take keyboarding starting in the 4th grade. The best part of the class was playing Oregon Trail once we had finished our keyboarding assignments.

It wasn't until high school that I started using the internet. Remember dial up through AOL? I took one class in high school where we used the internet on a fairly regular basis. I also got my first email address in high school, athought I didn't really  use it until I started college.

Social networking started for me after I had been married about 3.5 years, and had a new baby at home. I had more time on my hands to explore all that the internet had to offer. I started a myspace account first, and in 2007 I started a Facebook account and rarely, if ever, log on to myspace.

The internet and the ability to get online support has changed everything. That point is being made as I currently sit at a computer desk, writing a blog post on the internet as my first assignment.

No comments:

Post a Comment